Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask a Librarian!
Need Research Help? Ask a Librarian!
- Assist you with all your research assignments and reference needs.
- Help you construct effective catalog searches in order to retrieve a more manageable results list.
- Assist you with navigating through the library's print and electronic database collections to find just what you need [such as peer-reviewed articles and primary sources] to successfully complete your assignments.
- Help you develop better information literacy skills, select and narrow a research topic, find and evaluate appropriate resources, understand and use proper citation formats, and much more.
- Help you set up an Interlibrary loan account account if you would like to borrow materials from another library.
Visit us in person during the library's open hours, email us a question, or use the Ask A Librarian form to send us a question and receive a reply within two business days.
Contact the Library
OCC Faculty can also contact the Library to arrange library instruction sessions for their specific classes.
OCC Learning Center
The OCC Learning Center, Gordon Student Center Suite 202, provides students flexible access to tutoring and learning support through a variety of tutoring options, including:
- Embedded tutoring
- Course specific tutoring
- Study skills tutoring
- Writing skills tutoring
- Workshops and study group
To see when tutors are available for walk-in hours, participate in online tutoring or schedule a tutoring appointment, register online .
Book: The Student's Survival Guide to Research
The Student's Survival Guide to Research by
Call Number: REF ZA3075.M43 2015
Publication Date: 2015-08-01
A guidebook for beginning researchers, this work introduces the search tools, strategies, methods, and key terms that students will need to know as they enter the world of research.
Book: 10 Steps in Writing the Research Paper
10 Steps in Writing the Research Paper by
Call Number: REF PE1478.M3 2011
Publication Date: 2011-08-01
This succinct, easy-to-follow guide gives students clear directions for writing papers in virtually all academic subjects. Learn how to determine a subject and formulate and outline a provisional thesis, prepare a bibliography, take notes from sources, and how to write a draft and final paper. Includes advice on avoiding plagiarism and making the most of library and Internet resources.
Book: A Manual for Writers of Research Papers
A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations by
Call Number: REF LB 2369 T8 2013
Publication Date: 2013-04-03
An overview of the steps in the research and writing process, including formulating questions, reading critically, building arguments, and revising drafts. Also provides an overview of citation practices for an array of source types with contemporary examples, and detailed guidance on citing online resources
Coulter Library, Onondaga Community College, Syracuse, NY